Welcome to the Young Innovators Competition
2022 Young Innovators Competition has been launched. Apply by 30 April 2022 to compete for the engineering, master’s and doctoral theses. The prize sum is PLN 15,000.
The ‘Young Innovators’ Competition is addressed to the students and graduates of exact science and technical intramural/extramural studies in Poland. The upcoming, 14th edition of the competition accepts doctoral, engineering or master theses in Polish, German or English, defended after 1 January 2020. All submitted works must not violate copyrights and invention rights or personal rights of third parties. The research and scientific values and practical applicability of the results in automation, robotics and measurements will be assessed. The topic of the thesis must cover one or more of the following:
- control, automation and process automation,
- metrology and measuring systems,
- sensors and measuring transducers,
- diagnostics and quality control systems.
General Rules for Participation
To apply, by 30 April 2022 please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- APPLICATION FORM including an abstract (no more than 1 page) showing the innovation and originality of the thesis,
- filled in by one of the indicated persons: thesis supervisor/tutor/reviewer/faculty dean/associate dean/faculty tutor FEEDBACK FORM.
- a digital copy of the thesis (PDF file),
- a digital multimedia presentation (up to 20 slides) (PDF file).
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of the APPLICATION FORM and the FEEDBACK FORM and send to: Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz – Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw.
The theses will be assessed in three categories: doctoral thesis, master’s thesis and engineering thesis. The members of the competition committee will vote for the winners by secret ballot. The prizes will be awarded for individual and team research. For team research, the prize will be distributed equally among all team members. The prizes in this year’s edition of ‘Young Innovators’ Competition:
- doctoral thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 3,500, 2nd prize – PLN 2,500,
- master’s thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 3,000, 2nd prize – PLN 2,000,
- engineering thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 2,500, 2nd prize – PLN 1,500,
According to the Terms & Conditions, awards may be distributed in other ways.
The results will be publicly announced on 25 May 2022 during the 26th AUTOMATION conference held at the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Institute of Automation and Measurements PIAP in Warsaw. The authors of the winning entries will be invited to give a presentation during the AUTOMATION 2022 Conference.
- Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk, BEng, PhD, DSc (Chair of the Committee) – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. Prof. Stanisław Kaczanowski, BEng, PhD – Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
- Małgorzata Kaliczyńska, BEng, PhD (secretary) – editorial team of ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ quarterly,
- Prof. Andrzej Masłowski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
- Prof. Zbigniew Nahorski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. prof. Mariusz Olszewski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Faculty of Mechatronics, Warsaw University of Technology,
- Assoc. Prof. Maciej Trojnacki, BEng, PhD, DSc – PIAP Space Sp. z o. o.,
- Prof. Cezary Zieliński, BEng, PhD, DSc – Committee for Automation and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences.
Organiser and sponsors
- Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP – organiser,
- The Committee on Automatic Control and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor,
- The Committee on Metrology and Scientific Instrumentation, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor,
- Polish Association for Measurements, Automatics and Robotics ‘POLSPAR’ – sponsor
- scientific and technical quarterly ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ – media sponsor
Send the following to email@example.com by 30 April 2022:
1. application form
2. feedback form
4. multimedia presentation
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of both forms and send to: Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz – Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa.