Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk granted a membership of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts
Multi-award winner prof. Janusz Kacprzyk honoured yet again. Editor-in-chief of JARMIS scientific journal has been granted a membership of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts (KVAB) as the only Polish scientist.
As a great honour, prof. Janusz Kacprzyk has been granted a foreign membership of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts in the technical sciences category. The official award ceremony will be held on 14 December 2019 in Belgium.
Professor Janusz Kacprzyk
Expert in fuzzy logic and its applications in databases, decision-making support systems, fuzzy techniques of representation and processing of information, control and decision-making in conditions of uncertainty and imprecision, evolutionary programming and neural networks. Since 2007, he has been working with Łukasiewicz – PIAP Institute as the editor-in-chief of the ’Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems’ (‘JAMRIS’) quarterly and as the Chairman of the Programming Committee of the ‘Automation’ conference.
The Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts
The Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts (Dutch: Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van België voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten, or KVAB) is the most renown learned society of science and arts in Belgium. Funded in 1772 by empress Maria Theresa and dissolved by Napoleon Bonaparte, the academy resumed its operation in 1816. Initially established as a solely French-speaking academy (Flemish was regarded as a peasant language and not an academic language). The first lectures in Flemish were given at the Ghent University in the middle of the 19th century.
Its key task is to think about and debate matters of social, scientific and artistic importance in an open and interdisciplinary manner. For more information on KVAB visit: www.kvab.be/en/about-us.
Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk – Titles and awards
Along with his recent membership in the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium, prof. Janusz Kacprzyk has been recognized by the international scientific community with many titles and awards including:
- Honorary doctorate granted by the Hungarian Széchenyi István University and Óbuda University, Finnish Lappeenranta University of Technology and Bulgarian Prof. Assen Zlatarow University;
- Fellow IEEE, Fellow IET, Fellow IFSA, Fellow EurAI (ECCAI),
- Full Member SMIA, Full Member Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Member Academia Europaea (Informatics),
- Foreign Member European Academy of Sciences and Arts (Technical Sciences), Foreign Member Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Foreign Member Spanish Royal Academy of Economic and Financial Sciences (RACEF), Foreign Member Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters,
- President of the Polish Operational and Systems Research Society,
- Former President of the International Fuzzy Systems Association.