UPU-1 contact wire uplift measurement system
Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP offers a system which enables the UPU-1 contact wire uplift measurement.
UPU-1 is a vision system equipped with a line laser illuminator. It consists of a video head, head mount, connection cables, power supply and dedicated software. The system is designed to measure the contact wire uplift.
System technical parameters:
- power supply: 230 V AC,
- error in measuring contact wire uplift: < 5 mm,
- the distance of the contact wire to be monitored from
- uplift measurement range: 180 mm, vision head face: 2200–5500 mm,
- ambient temperature during operation: –10 oC to +40 oC,
- the length of cable No. 1: 50 m.
The system is designed for outdoor operation and must be protected from precipitation and rapid changes in ambient temperature.