The AuToMa (Erasmus+) Project
Automation, transfer of technology and managerial practices for the growth of SMEs, better employability and promotion of entrepreneurship (AuToMa).
The AuToMa Project is supposed to support manufacturing SMEs in their effort to become more competitive in Poland and internationally, by providing them with access to innovative training solutions backed up with adequate systems for training content management.
Today, technology transfer and investments in automation are gaining on strategic significance, particularly in countries striving to attract new manufacturing technologies. To be able to develop, manage and implement innovative solutions, we need not only scientific or technological skills but also organizational, managerial or marketing ones. An improvement of knowledge and skills in this respect can help in the process of transforming a company into a new-generation entity.
The AuToMa Project will make a successful contribution to development of high professional skills, particularly in automation, innovation and technology transfer and sharing at the local and European levels. The project will develop an open system of training in the form of two education paths: for engineering personnel and for managers, targeted at the following groups, without limitation:
- Prospective entrepreneurs and students willing to develop manufacturing business;
- Entrepreneurs and employees SMEs interested in improving or modifying their skills, as well unemployed persons who want to develop their first occupational competences;
- Academic teachers, employees of research institutes and vocational trainers wishing to augment or update their teaching programs.
The role of PIAP in the project will be to adapt the existing and available training material and develop new material for use in the aforementioned training system, as well as take part in all activities done as part of the project, such as user requirement surveys, existing solution testing, development of methodologies or distribution of information within products.
Planned project results / deliverables:
- 1. AuToMa Learning Methodology
- 2. AuToMa Guidelines for the learning outputs
- 3. AuToMa Resources and Learning Integrated Area
- 4. AuToMa Learning Contents
- 5. Handbook for AuToMa learners
- 6. AuToMa website
- 7. Skills assessment tools
- 8. AuToMa Certificate of Achievement
Implementation timeframe: 01/10/2016 – 31/03/2019
Budget: EUR 67,272.00 (PIAP)
Project subsidized by the European Union, implemented as part of the ‘ERASMUS+’ Program, Action 2: Strategic partnerships under contract 2016-1-IT01-KA202-005599 concluded between LUISS LIBERA UNIVERSITA INTERNAZIONALE DEGLI STUDI SOCIALI GUIDO CARLI and the European Commission.
Project type: International research project
Coordinator: LUISS LIBERA UNIVERSITA INTERNAZIONALE DEGLI STUDI SOCIALI GUIDO CARLI, Italy
- Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Poland
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY KOSICE (TUK), Slovakia
- EUROPEAN CENTER FOR QUALITY (ECQ), Bulgaria
- CONSULTORES DE AUTOMATIZATION Y ROBOTICA S.A (CARSA), Spain
This project has received funding from the European Union’s ERASMUS+ programme (the EU Programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020).