Professor Janusz Kacprzyk in the structures of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NANU)
Professor Janusz Kacprzyk elected a foreign member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NANU).
The Presidium of NANU – the equivalent of the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) – determines the fields and number of places for members, including foreign ones. This year, three places have been designated for new members in the NANU Computer Science Department – one for each of the three subject areas: artificial intelligence, information technologies and (theoretical) computer science. Professor Janusz Kacprzyk was elected a foreign member of the academy in the first field.
This is another recognition of the professor’s scientific achievements. He is also a member of the Belgian Royal Flemish Academy of Sciences and Arts (European Academy of Sciences, EURASC), which gathers over 600 eminent scientists and engineers from over 48 countries, and has received numerous other titles and distinctions to date. These include, among others:
- Honorary doctorate granted by the Hungarian Széchenyi István University and Óbuda University, Finnish Lappeenranta University of Technology and Bulgarian Prof. Assen Zlatarow University;
- Doctor honoris causa at the Prof. Assen Zlatarow University in Burgas, Bulgaria,
- Fellow IEEE, Fellow IET, Fellow IFSA, Fellow EurAI (ECCAI),
- Full Member of the SMIA, Full Member of the Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Member of the Academia Europaea (Informatics),
- Foreign Member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts (Technical Sciences), Foreign Member of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Foreign Member of the Spanish Royal Academy of Economic and Financial Sciences (RACEF), Foreign Member of the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters,
- President of the Polish Operational and Systems Research Society,
- Former President of the International Fuzzy Systems Association,
- Member of the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts (KVAB),
- Member of the IASCYS (International Academy of Systems and Cybernetics Sciences).
Professor Janusz Kacprzyk is the editor-in-chief of a scientific quarterly “Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics & Intelligent Systems (JAMRIS) issued by Łukasiewicz-PIAP and the chairman of the technical program committee of the Scientific-Technical Conference Automation organised by Łukasiewicz-PIAP since 1997.